The SXSW Public Relations Department accepts up to three for-credit interns each term (Spring, Summer and Fall) from the University of Texas Moody School of Communications. We also accept interns from Universities across the greater Austin University system and not-for credit internships from any departments.
During the internship, students will gain significant exposure and experience to all aspects entertainment communications and events production, using many tactics drawn from the communications toolbox. The Public Relations team works directly with media, publicists, talent, distributors, other SXSW departments as well as a wide swath of the entertainment industry. While the tasks and learning opportunities for each internship period will be shaped by its position in the calendar year, learning modules will ensure all interns achieve valuable insights, skills and marketable experience working in the communications shop for a world-renowned event dedicated to helping creative people achieve their goals.
Responsibilities for this position include
What you will learn:
Candidates should possess the follow attributes:
This position requires a time commitment of 15-20 hours a week and runs September – December 2019 or January-April 2020.
- Submit resume and cover letter to the SXSW internship department firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter must include "Why you think an internship at SXSW would benefit you
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 internships
- Include top 3 choices order of preference in cover letter and body of submission email
- Include any additional information required by the specific internship
To apply, send resumes/CVs to email@example.com