South by Southwest offers a broad range of internships. Our focus is to provide a real-life learning experience within the organization, so that students are better prepared to seek employment after graduation.
Looking for a job? See our Jobs Page for information about open positions at SXSW.
Internships That Are Currently Available:
Reporting to the Marketing team, the Web Content Intern’s primary duty will be to edit/create content for sxsw.com, and help maintain formatting across websites managed by SXSW, LLC. The intern will copyedit blogs and static pages on sxsw.com, write blogs as needed, source photos to use in promotional blogs and other marketing materials, help organize blog schedule for SXSWeek, and assist in some scheduling/monitoring of social media platforms pre-event/during event. During the March event, the intern will also be tasked with coordinating with staff for capturing live content (photo, video, quotes) onsite.
Responsibilities for this position include
What You Will Learn:
- How to edit, format, and craft compelling content for a global audience on sxsw.com
- Implement Marketing campaign strategies and call-to-action messaging
- How to work within a team and independently on projects
- Meet deadlines and edit content in a fast-paced environment
- Source photo, video clips, and quotes onsite during SXSWeek
- Have excellent communication skills
- Experience writing and editing content
- Be agile in a demanding environment
- A self-starter who can multitask and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Source and edit photos for promotional use
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Preferred, but not required: WordPress, Hootsuite, Photoshop, Quicktime
This position runs from February 2017 (looking for an immediate start date) through Friday, April 28, 2017, requires >20 hours of work per week, and full-time availability from March 10-19 is required. There will be longer hours leading up to the event, including at least two Saturday meetings.
- Submit resume and cover letter to the SXSW internship department email@example.com
- Cover letter must include "Why you think an internship at SXSW would benefit you
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 internships
- Include top 3 choices order of preference in cover letter and body of submission email
- Include any additional information required by the specific internship
To apply, send resumes/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org