South by Southwest offers a broad range of internships. Our focus is to provide a real-life learning experience within the organization, so that students are better prepared to seek employment after graduation.
To apply for an internship, submit your resume and cover letter to the SXSW Internship Department, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter “Why you think an internship with SXSW would benefit you.” Also, designate up to (3) internship(s) you wish to apply for (from greatest interest to least). Include your choices in both your cover letter and the body of the e-mail. Don’t forget to include any additional information requested in the internship descriptions. Feel free to e-mail with any questions you may have and good luck! Please include “SXSW 2015 Internship application” in the subject line. If you skip this step, your application may not be processed.
All positions are unpaid and you must be a currently enrolled college student. Preference will be given to students receiving college credit for their internship. Most positions require a weekly time commitment and more than full-time availability during SXSWeek, and the days immediately preceding the start of the event.
Internships that are currently available:
Learn firsthand how to create, develop and implement custom marketing strategies for sustainable and environmentally conscious companies. This position is initially research-heavy and transitions into a production role as the season progresses. Interns will be given projects to develop from start to finish, gaining practical experience in a variety of marketing disciplines.
- Researching prospective clients and art for SXSW Eco marketing
- Assist Sales and Sponsorship Account Executive, including contracts, database work and client support
- Help organize outreach and marketing efforts
- Write promotional copy including email updates, printed pieces, blogs, and Program Guide
- Help coordinate client activations onsite including pre-event logistics and day of show execution
- Assist with Eco Exhibition and other production logistics onsite
- Assist in development of new activations, evening events and parties
Starting ASAP. 20 hrs/week plus full-time October 5th-7th