Conference Volunteers work during SXSWedu (March 9-12) and throughout all 10 days SXSWeek (March 13-22, 2015) on up to 3 crews. We have a wide variety of Conference Crews to choose from, and most of them require no special experience. Conference Crews are at work everyday, at all hours, around the Austin Convention Center and other official SXSW venues.
Conference Volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Work a minimum of 30 hours
- Attend a minimum of (1) pre-event meeting
- Attend the Conference Crew Walk-thru
- Have a valid email address (no sharing of email addresses, please)
- Be responsible for working with SXSW Crew Chiefs to create your own schedule
- Agree to the Volunteer Release & Waiver of Liability
- Acknowledge and adhere to the Volunteer Policies and Guidelines
As a Conference Volunteer, you will be working hours towards a perk.
*Applicants under the age of 18 will need consent from a parent or guardian to volunteer.
Photo by Debbie Finley